Belgian Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology
The Belgian Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology (BSPHO) was founded in 1996 as a collaboration between professionals of the recognized Belgian centres in paediatric haemato-oncology to share expertise and knowledge to improve treatment of childhood cancer and patient care.
The BSPHO has established interdisciplinary working groups for paediatric haemato -oncologists, surgeons, neurosurgeons, radiotherapists, researchers, data managers and paramedics (pharmacists, psychologists, nurses, dieticians, social workers, physiotherapists).
– Centralizing preparation and follow-up of clinical trials for all paediatric haemato- oncology centres
– Weekly virtual national tumour board meetings to discuss difficult patient cases and new treatment options including early phase clinical trials
– Regular meetings and symposia to update members and paramedics about the latest developments in childhood and adolescent cancer diagnosis and treatment
– Online platform for professionals to exchange information regarding the treatment of childhood cancer and clinical trials
– Online public platform containing information regarding paediatric cancer and clinical trials.
Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc
UKZ Koningin Fabiola
Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen
Universitair Ziekenhuis Gent
Universitair Ziekenhuis Leuven